A pallet is a flat transport structure that supports goods in a stable fashion while being lifted by a forklift. Goods are placed on it and they are secured with strapping, stretch wrap or shrink wrap for shipping.
Pallets can be made of:
The standard pallet size is 40”x48”. Pallet dimensions are used to determine how many can be placed in a truck. Some of the common types of pallets are:
- Two-way pallets: Pallets with forklift openings on only two ends. Also referred to as “unnotched” pallets.
- Partial four-way entry pallets: Pallets with standard forklift openings on two ends and smaller side openings on the remaining ends.
- Four-way entry pallets: Pallets with forklift openings on all sides for full accessibility.
- Dramatically reduced labor requirement versus manual handling
- Less risk of product damage
- Palletized products can be moved more efficiently
- Palletized products are easier to store in the warehouse
- Pallets provide drainage and circulation for goods
At DRT International we take pride in ensuring that your goods are packed safely.